More Than Asking Questions
More than asking questions
We would usually think that tips for the job interview would only be intended for interviewees but there are also important reminders for those who are the ones asking questions, we call them interviewers. For applicants, they are the tickets to an employed you.
As an interviewer should you roast interviewees to sweat because of nervousness? Should you be very intimidating to put the applicant to the biggest test of his or her life? Should you ask fiery questions that would fry him or her in his own oil? These and more would be answered.
* Before you conduct the interview, be sure to take note of the questions you are going to ask your applicant. This would help you remember questions you need to raise.
* Take note of the objectives you have, associate them with the questions you will be asking the applicant.
* Have in mind a place that would have an atmosphere for a conversation. See to it that the place has no elements that could interrupt the interview.
* Never intimidate the interviewee. You want to know the person, do not put him on the hot seat where he would become so unnaturally intimidated.
* Let the interviewee speak, you have to be attentive so that you would be able to get important messages.
* Use questions that would hit the motives of the applicant.
* Give the interviewees the chance to ask questions.
With these, you would be able to get what you really want to know from the interviewee. The most important thing is that you would not have regrets by hiring the wrong person.