Gambling And Its Pinch On The Family
Gambling and its pinch on the family
With the introduction of online gambling, there would be no obvious signs that a member of the family is starting to be a problem gambler. As we all know having the chance to gamble is the start of opening doors to be a problem gambler. When a person is into it, there would be a big possibility that he would turn his back to some of his values.
The family would be the next group of persons that would be affected when a member is becoming a gambler. Though there are very discreet signs that could tell notices to other family members for them to know and do what it takes to be of response to the problem. How could you determine that your fellow family member is into it?
These signs may lead you to the realization that you may have to talk with that family member:
* The person starts not to value family life and his/her job.
* The person's reliability plunges down.
* The person starts arguments or fights at home
* The person becomes depressed and anxious
* The person lies often just to hide financial problems
* The person is strangely controlling financial matters at home
* The person is obviously showing feelings of helplessness.
With the problem or problems caused by gambling to a family member, support would be given by other members but of course, the major step for change must be taken by the person who is into gambling. What must this individual do?
These are the helpful steps to take:
* Admitting the existence of such gambling problem
* Being of conversation to family members or friends and being ready to accept advice or whatever form of support.
* Counting on your family as a source of support.
Gambling would not only change you as a person but it would definitely affect your family especially when you are into it too much, you get addicted and it becomes a vice.