Have you ever got to the end of the driveway on moving day only to stop and say, “It feels like we forgot something.” Problem solved! Follow this moving checklist and you will have no worries when that day comes to back out of the driveway.
This moving checklist is divided into the three stages of moving: before you move, during the move, and after the move.
Moving Checklist: Before the Move
• Check out the Government’s free “Ready to Move” checklist to review your rights and responsibilities as a mover.
• Estimate moving costs from no less than three movers, including checking their policy on lost or damaged items.
• Check with the Better Business Bureau and your local consumer affairs office to check the company’s history.
• Review the process with your mover from beginning to end with contact numbers at every stop.
Moving Checklist: During the Move
• Be their when the movers arrive at your housing you are moving from and moving to in order to answer any questions or concerns.
• Go over with the movers your estimate and other billing questions before and after the move.
• Give the mover your contact numbers and make sure addresses and directions are correct.
• Take one last, thorough visit through the house to ensure you’ve moved everything!
Moving Checklist: After the Move
• Settle with the movers according to your previous agreement.
• Supervise and assist the movers in making sure everything is unloaded where it is supposed to be.
• Make a brief inspection of your goods to assess any damage before the movers depart.
It is recommended that you make your own moving checklist for personal items you are concerned about, a moving checklist for work-related items, and a moving checklist for household items you’ll need upon arrival at your new home.