The 2 Types Of Traffic Sources For Your Internet Website
"The 2 Types of Traffic Sources for Your Internet Website"
by Matt Bacak
What is the difference between traffic and "targeted" traffic? You can pay money to get general traffic. However, if these people don't want your product then you won't make money. Targeted traffic will be interested in your product and will buy.
Internet Traffic Myth: "If you build it they will come." Just building a website does not bring in customers. It really just means you have a spot on the Internet highway and nothing more unless you create a traffic plan.
For example, let's say you spent all your money on a website. Once it's completed you think that you can sit back and rake in the money. This is a fallacy. Internet visitors won't simply stumble upon your website.
You have to promote your website in order to get in front of your prospects.
Traffic Sources: Two Types - FREE and PAID
FREE Traffic: * Traffic from joint ventures. Joint ventures are the easiest way to make money online. If you can connect with someone else that has what you don't have then you can make money together. Let's say you have a product and another person has a list that would be interested in that product.
One problem is that you don't have a list. How do you obtain joint ventures then? You need to network with people that you meet at seminars and conferences. If you are starting out then you have to work with people near your level.
* Traffic from emailing your own list. You should have a squeeze on your website that captures personal information. If you promote to your own list then you will have a higher conversion rate. Why? Because when you promote to people on your own list you are promoting to people that know you. You have established a relationship with these people. Hence, promote by sending emails to your list over and over.
For example, send two emails to your list every day. Make sure to send quality content to your list.
* You need traffic from an affiliate network. You build leverage when you set up an affiliate network. An affiliate network allows you to have other people sign up and promote your product for you. These affiliates will earn a commission.
* Traffic from common and related Blogs. This can be a huge source of targeted traffic. Find Blogs that are related to your market. Go to the Blog and post an intelligent comment on the Blog. Make sure to put your name and website address link on the Blog post. This link pushes people to your squeeze page. This is a great way to obtain a lot of subscribers to your list.
* Viral marketing referrals. "Refer a Friend".
* Traffic from search engine optimization. SEO
PAID traffic: * Pay ezines to include your offer in their email list. This is a great way to get traffic. Make sure to send traffic to your squeeze page. * Traffic from direct mail. Direct mail is effective if it is done right. It can be very expensive if you don't test small and know what you are doing. * SRDS.com - SRDS is one of the largest suppliers of lists. You can buy a list of people that have bought a certain product. You can send direct mail to this list. You are targeting people that are already buyers in your market. Make sure that you know what you are doing and start small otherwise you will lose money. * Traffic from teleseminars and voice broadcasting. * Traffic from CPA networks. These are "Cost per Action" networks. You pay for a lead. * Pay per click advertising - PPC. You pay money each time your advertisement is clicked on. Advertisements are shown based on the keyword theme searched. Advertisers bid on the amount of money they are willing to pay. 20% is click fraud. This is unfortunate and pay per click fraud is getting worse. Be careful of pay per click.
About the Author
Matt Bacak began investing his first earnings at the tender age of 12, a young businessman in the making. Now, 15 years later, Bacak survived failed businesses, botched partnerships, heavy credit card debt and bankruptcy - and is now an accomplished well-established Internet millionaire and best-selling author.
Visit Bacak's site at http://www.powerfulpromoter.com or sign up for his Powerful Promoting Tips at http://www.promotingtips.com